Prof. Nelson Nathan
Our lab concentrates on the study of membrane-proteins. We study the molecular mechanisms involved in transport and energy transduction. The five main subjects that we are currently engaged in are:
- Structure, function and molecular biology of photosystem I and other membrane complexes in higher plant chloroplasts. We solve the structure of plant PSI super-complex including its four light-harvesting complexes at 2.8 Å resolution. We intend to obtain atomic resolution of plant PSI.
- Structural determination of super-complexes in biological membranes. Crystal structure of PSI-ferredoxin, PSI-plastocyanin, PSI- cytochrome b6-f etc.
- Crystal structure of chloroplast photosystem II and ATP-synthase.
- Expression and structural determination of marine viruses-encoded membrane proteins.
- Harnessing Oxygenic Photosynthesis for Sustainable Energy Production.