Sensor for Animal Monitoring
SMALL IN SIZE AND WIDE IN FUNCTIONALITIES
The Multi Sensors were developed by Dr. Yossi Yovel from the Department of Zoology and the Sagol School of neuroscience, and Dr. Gabor Kosa from the School of Mechanical Engineering. The devices come in two models:
The smaller of the two sensors (2.1x1.5x0.4 cm) weighs only 1.7 grams together with the optional GPS and ultrasonic microphone. An 9 DoF inertial measurement module (0.3 gr) can be attached on demand. Additional sensory modules can be easily attached allowing to record any analogue signal such as: EEG/EMG, heartbeat , temperature, etc. The additional module weight is 0.4 gram.
Cam-Plus Multi Sensor
Multi Sensor Advantages:
· Minimized design - smallest of its kind!: The Multi Sensors were specially designed to meet the requirements of lightweight (<10g) "next generation" data-logging platform capable of multiple simultaneous parameter logging.
· Enables storing the data on the animal without the need to transmit.
· Ideal for laboratories studying animal behavior in a confined environment or in the field.
· Sensory Information collected by the animal is gathered in video and audio formats while information about the activity of the animal can be followed by the accelerometer.
· Allows brain activity recordings
· External rechargeable power supply.