MULTI SENSOR – Multi Modal Recording System for Behavioral Tracking
It is clear today that brain activity of a restrained (or sedated) animal is completely different from that of a freely behaving animal.
That is why neuroscientists are seeking to find ways to study animals freely behaving on their natural grounds.
TAU's interdisciplinary research has led to the development of the MULTI SENSOR – Multi Modal Recording System for small animals, which is designed to enable recording the world as the animal senses it, without the need of transmitting the information.
SMALL IN SIZE AND WIDE IN FUNCTIONALITIES
The system has been developed by Dr. Yossi Yovel from the Department of Zoology and the Sagol School of neuroscience and Dr. Gabor Kosa from the School of Mechanical Engineering. The device, less than 10 grams weight, includes a camera, a microphone an accelerometer (9D sensor) and 2 analogue channels that can record physiological data such as neural activity or heart-rate. It can be easily carried by a rat.
Its design allows neuroscientists to enjoy the benefits of gathering the highest quality data in the optimal conditions.
- Minimized design – smallest of its kind – enables storing the data on the animal without the need of transmitting it
- Ideal for laboratories studying animal behavior in a confined environment or in the field.
Sensory Information collected by the animal is gathered in video and audio formats while information about the activity of the animal can be followed by the accelerometer.
- Allows brain activity recordings
6 SENSORS IN ONE PACKAGE!
EASE OF USE
The MULTI SENSOR has external rechargeable power supply.
SD card can be easily replaced and downloaded.
It was specially designed to meet the requirements of lightweight (<10g) "next generation" data-logging platform capable of multiple simultaneous parameter logging. Equipped with standard micro SD card based storage it has large storage capacity.
- Size: Sensor Pack: 22X26X10 mm3 + Recording Pack: 18.5X16X15 mm3
- Storage: microSD card (SDSC/SDHC) (tested on 1GB – 8GB sizes, up to 32GB support)
- File System: FAT32 8k allocation block size
- Standard Energy pack: 120mAh LiPO
- Camera: QVGA @ 0-1fps, CIF @ 60fps (camera high frame rate only mode)
- Ultrasonic: 0 – 80kHz Analog BW @ 100, 150, 200, 250kHz 8bit ADC
- EEG: 2channel, 5 electrode @ 1ksps 8bit
- MPU: 9-Axis MEMS motion sensor 0-2Hz (up to 20Hz motion standalone mode)
Contact us for more information
Dr. Yossi Yovel
Head of the sensory perception laboratory
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Sagol School of Neuroscience
Tel Aviv University
P. +972-3-640-7304 | Lab. +972-3-640-9397